Printing Company – Sheffield
Manufacturing Platform – Mezzanine Floor
Sheffield – South Yorkshire
A printing company based near Sheffield, South Yorkshire required a new “L” shaped structural steel mezzanine floor installing in a new unit they had purchased to accommodate their exacting requirements.
They needed additional storage space for bulk goods, new shelving to store loose items both at ground & first floor levels and a mezzanine floor to have a uniformal distributed load capacity strong enough to operate their production print machines on.
T2 Storage Solutions designed a suitable mezzanine floor with a net footprint of 261m2 and to have a UDL of 5kN/m2 with a stiffened deck to minimise deflection (bounce) whilst their printing machines were in operation.
The decking was painted with a anti-slip floor paint which also reduced dust levels considerably. The whole project was completed within a 2 week period enabling our client to move in one week earlier than expected which was well received.
- Full Design & Turnkey Project Management including Building Regulation Approval
- 5Kn/m2 (500Kg/m2) – Mezzanine Floor for Storage & Production Use
- Class “O” Chipboard Decking for Improved Fire Resistance and Light Reflection
- New Steel Staircases to Comply with Current Building Regulations
- Steel Handrail to Exposed Floor Edges
- Anti-Slip floor paint
- Inset Purlin Design Construction
- Countersunk Floor Fixings in all Baseplates
- New Lighting to Underside of Mezzanine Floor
- New Smoke/Fire Detection System
- Unirack Shelving
- Full Structural Design Calculations & Drawings