Shaw Trust Head Office
BS8300 (disabilty) Compliant Fit Out and Refurbishment
Shaw Trust has been a registered charity since 1982 and are the UK’s largest third sector providers of employment services for people with a disability or at a disadvantage. They help over 50,000 people per year find suitable training schemes or employment and they employ 1600 people throughout their 200-plus locations.
Our brief required T2 Storage Solutions to design & fit-out an existing 3rd floor office space in Bristol to create a new corporate head quarters.
The design should reflect a business ethos that mirrors their working & practical philosophy that helps disabled or disadvantaged people find work by making the work area a place of work for all and compliant with BS8300.
Particular interest was in bright colours and fabric contrasts, lots of storage space, people in wheel chairs to have enough space and be able to use the facilities without further adjustment. Light levels were to be maintained by use of full height frameless glass partitioning along with good use of coloured manifestation.
Sound insulation between rooms was extremely important for confidentiality reasons and something we solved using specialised partitioning systems. Our clients CEO wanted to create not only a place of work but an area where staff could relax & un-wind which is proven to increase productivity – something that Google has pioneered over the years and many have followed.
- Full Design & Turnkey Project Management including Building Regulation Approval & CDM
- Fully BS8300 Complaint
- Acoustic Office Partitions – Designed to 52dB sound insulation
- Double & Single Glazed – Full height, frameless acoustic glass office partitions
- Flooring Services to help designate working / relaxing areas
- Decoration Works
- Bespoke Joinery
- Automated – frameless glass bi-parting & sliding door sets
- Manifestation – creation of colourful designs & branding – really improves aesthetics
- Suspended Ceiling Works
- Media / Meeting Room – “write-on” glass walls
- Kitchen – fully designed to be disabled compliant under BS8300
- Plumbing Works
- Electrics – including LED lighting, PIR Sensors, Designer pendant & emergency lighting
- Power & Data supplied via floor boxes set within a raised access (computer) floor
- TV & Projector Screens, connections and feeds to multiple locations
- Storage Wall Solutions
- Re-configuration of existing air conditioning and fresh air ventilation systems to suit design
- Upgrades to Existing Fire/Smoke Detection Systems
- New security door entry & intercom system
- Operable folding walls to split meeting rooms if required
- Office Furniture Design – including free-standing meeting pods, hot desking & soft seating
- Mobile Archive Shelving Solutions
- Break Out / Relaxation Areas